Friday, August 29, 2014

Ten Things I Know to Be True


Inspired by the wonderful poet Sarah Kay and her TED Talk, "If I Should Have a Daughter."

Ten Things I Know to be True

1) I deeply struggle with giving grace to other people.

2) My husband would do anything in the world for me, and I am unimaginably lucky to be his wife.

3) In a large group of women, I will almost always feel inadequate in some way.

4) Traveling alone makes me feel most capable of my own potential to navigate my life on my own terms.

5) Television commercials are intensely insulting to the intelligence of the viewers who understand how pedantic the commercials truly are.

6) A good doctor will let you cry and scream when it's necessary.  A great doctor won't make you feel guilty for having a nonexistent emotional filter.

7) New office supplies will make you feel like you can take on the world, one well constructed plan at a time.

8) You don't always have great options, but you always have a choice.

9) Most people are terrible listeners.

10) Few things are as blissful as a good night's sleep, a big cozy hug, or a seat on a bench in the perfect mix of sunlight and shade.

...what ten things do you know to be true?

Love and light,

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment