Monday, August 18, 2014

Leaving, Two Places


As most of you know.  I was off getting married to the handsome man in the picture above.  We'd been engaged for almost 4 years by the wedding date, and living together through moves/grad school/relocations for longer than that.  Things have changed, and things have not changed.  But, it is a sweet thing to be able to call him my husband now.

Our lovely wedding (which I'll share more photos of soon) is the main reason why I have been so absent.  Social media and the internet was the first thing that I left, albeit for a short time.  While I was away, we were spending a short time in a majestic old-growth forest in western Pennsylvania, and we are so excited to return, hopefully soon.  If you are in need of a getaway, look no further than Cook Forest State Park.  Perhaps a post about our forest accommodations will appear on the blog.

The second thing that I left was my teaching job.  I know I've told you all about my qualms with my job before.  My reasons for leaving deserve a blog post all their own.  Perhaps that post will appear as well.  I know that I don't owe anyone a justification of why I left my job, except for my sweet husband (though he's been the eyewitness to my distress for the past two years, and this change was hardly a surprise).  But in the spirit of transparency, I think I'd like to share my rationale soon.

What I can tell you right now, is that I've taken a new job with a local flower shop.  My first day is today and I'm sure I will have a lot to say in the next coming days, but what I can tell you right now is the following; I feel more valued in my interactions with my new employer (who I've known for only 4 weeks) than I did in my two years as a member of instructional staff.  This isn't to say that old coworkers/supervisors didn't EVER make me feel valued, but this is an amalgamation of the objective data that my mind has gathered.  Take it for what it's worth.  

Wish me luck, and if you're interested in following along, I'll be here.

Love and light,

Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. Miss you and sooo happy for you and your husband. And there with you about teaching, and I'm very happy that you enjoy your new career. Would love to visit you sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete