Saturday, June 7, 2014

Goal Setting: May/June

Before I share any goal setting, I want to share a stunning image from Sam and Brad of Bradley James Photography, taken way back in April (!) at the Trouvaille Workshop.


They made my arrangement look super pretty.  Thanks, Sam and Brad!

I just realized that it is the seventh of June, and I hadn't posted any goals yet.  I hadn't even thought of any yet.  The end of the school year is a pretty hectic time for any teacher, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel: 8 more days, only 7 with students.  Sighing of relief right now.

Let's recap.

May Goals:
  • Apply for an EIN in order to obtain access to wholesale florist
  • Bridesmaid jewelry questing (Still prowling, getting closer though.)
  • Bouquet of the month for May (I think this series is over.  Expensive, but also doing a lot of work in design classes.)
  • Remember to relax as the academic year winds down.  Don't get crazy stressed out.
  • Enjoy and learn from my upcoming floral design workshop at Longwood Gardens (This was an AMAZING workshop.  Look for the recap soon!)
  • Mail invitations to wedding guests (Doing this in a few hours once the post office opens.)
  • Decide on gifts for our parents for the wedding
  • Work with our sweet friend who is officiating to craft our ceremony
  • Begin drafting wedding vows with Chris!
Judging from what is not crossed off here, vows are going to be at the top of the list.  Our officiant is away camping this weekend, but we can work with her soon to make something sweet.

June Goals:
  • Bridesmaid jewelry and groomsmen tie selection
  • Parent gifts for wedding
  • Vow writing and ceremony drafting
  • Organize our hall closet and get rid of anything that is just taking up space
  • Organize teacher things once they're all brought home from work
  • Donate large bag of clothing that has been sorted out of closet
  • Final wedding dress fitting!
  • Decide on a hairstyle for the wedding
  • (Plus a million other small wedding details.)
Those million other small wedding details can be knocked out pretty quickly.  Many of them are simply things like ordering table numbers, finding photos of relatives for our ancestor table, writing out place cards, and other tiny things.  I am fortunate to have several weeks off of work before the wedding, and will be trying to be efficient with my time.  There's no reason that I can't make sure it all gets taken care of, with that kind of time off of work.  But if something slips through the cracks, it's also not the end of the world.

Love and light,

Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. How expensive is a general bouquet of flowers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I am not yet able to purchase from a wholesaler (in the process of opening a purchasing account), I generally ask a local florist who I'm in good standing with to either order things for me, or to recommend stems that might look interesting together for different orders. I get cut a deal from those florists, but the stems are generally still priced at a markup from their purchase from their wholesaler. Since I'm using a lot of stems and foliage per bouquet, prices can vary. That also depends on the type of flowers and quantity used. :)

      Delete