Thursday, November 7, 2013

Workshopping in the Spring

In the quest to become more ready to break into the wedding industry, I have been researching on the internet and scouring across all corners of the web to find more educational resources.  I am a longtime follower (and scarce commenter!) to many blogs of passionate professional women in the industry, and I am so excited that an opportunity of education has sprouted up.

The lovely Rhiannon Banda of Hey Gorgeous Events has carefully planned a wonderful upcoming event in April.  From April 13 to 15, I will be an attendee to Trouvaille.  What is Trouvaille?  I think it is best quoted from the event website:

Trouvaille is for creative, entrepreneurial and driven women who operate or want to own multi-faceted wedding planning businesses.  The more services your creative business encompasses, the better!  The more you want to learn, grow and extend your design and back-end business knowledge, the better.  Trouvaille is a truly hands on and comprehensive experience designed to inspire and encourage growth across all realms of any planning and design business.

Sounds great, right?  There are SO MANY perks to attending this event, that I seriously do not know where to begin.  In Grand Rapids, Michigan, I will be attending workshops on floral design, tabletop design, branding, marketing, networking, and so many other realms of wedding business owning.  I will be amongst 25 other attendees in a small setting, which I am also so thankful for.  I might not be the most social person, but I am excited for the intimacy that this event has to offer.

At first, I must admit that I was unsure if this could be an event for me.  I have lots of ideas, but no business to really speak of just yet.  I emailed Rhiannon, and she gave me lots of sweet encouragement from the heart.  With support from her, my ever-wonderful fiancĂ©, and my dear friends, I was able to confidently register.  Grand Rapids, here I come!

Love and Light,

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment