Saturday, April 5, 2014

Goal Setting: March/April

 We are a bit late about posting our April goals...but for good reason, I promise!

I just returned from the Making Things Happen intensive in Chapel Hill, North Carolina on the 2nd, and had to work during standardized testing (blegh) on the 3rd and 4th, leaving me little time to regroup, recoup, and recap.


Perhaps March's bouquet will make everything better.  Yup, I feel better already.

To recap...

March Goals:
  • Bouquet of the month for March  Check out the blog post here.
  • Find Chris' wedding suit!  It is a slim cut, medium blue dream!
  • Order invitations and response cards for the wedding.  They have arrived, and I'll begin addressing them early to avoid running out of time.
  • Twice per week blogging presence.  Trying harder!  (I think it's time to re-evaluate this one.  My day job is not helpful in this aspect.)
  • Create and refine core values for Demure Birch Design  (More to come on this soon.)
  • Make Chris' 26th birthday on March 22 a wonderful day!  Dinner and the new Muppet movie and lots of candy and movie theater popcorn.  We had a great time!
  • Register for wedding gifts  Now, deciding on a color of KitchenAid mixer will be tough...
  • Ask a dear friend to officiate the wedding  She said yes and we couldn't be more honored.
  • Go see the movie Divergent and try not to scream/cry/explode from excitement.  Saw it, not pleased.  I've read the series about 7 times and am a stickler for sticking to details.
March was pretty successful!  The big things happened, and I'm not beating myself up over the blogging goal.  I am doing what I can with the time that I have, and that's all that matters.

Looking forward, I have two more things on my radar this spring.

Countdown to Trouvaille Workshop: 8 days (Check out the #trouvailleworkshop on social media to get giddy with me about this event!)
Countdown to Floral Intensive I and II at Longwood Gardens: 54 days

April Goals:
  • Craft and refine what exactly my client experience will include for multiple packages
  • Find jewelry for my bridesmaid gifts
  • Help Chris to choose a tie for the wedding, also as a gift to the groomsmen
  • Take invitations to the post office to weigh them, and buy stamps
  • Apply to an interim job for the summer season
  • April's bouquet of the month
  • Enjoy the Trouvaille Workshop with all that Rhi of Hey Gorgeous Events has to offer!
  • Recap MTH and Trouvaille on the blog
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, friends!  

Love and Light,

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment